Wounded Warrior 2014
Wounded Warrior 2014 - Corporal Michael Egan
Corporal Michael Egan lost both of his legs above the knee to an I.E.D. Explosion in Afghanistan in 2012. Michael was a Marine Corp Sniper and was up to the task of getting an awesome Himalayan Bull Tahr with a Christensen Arms Carbon Custom Tactical .338 Lapua at long range. He then shot several cull Fallow Bucks. Michael removed his new prosthetic legs and hunted from his wheelchair. Michael has a fantastic attitude to life and we at Lochinvar Safaris wish him all the best for the rest of his life.
- The Himalayan Bull Tahr was kindly donated by Laurie and Malcolm Prouting of Mesopotamia Station in the Rangitata Gorge.
- Mathew D’Ath and Bernard Dudli donated the guiding services in their own time.
- Mark Harrison and Lochinvar Safaris New Zealand donated the lodging, and return flights from San Antonio, Texas to New Zealand.
- Geoff and Ben Harding of Harding Taxidermy donated all the costs associated in expediting Michaels trophies.
- Esplanade Travel donated the cost of the travel insurance and put US$200 towards the cost of the flights.
- Air New Zealand and United Airlines both gave Michael preferred seating and extra baggage allowance to get his trophies home.